First Status Update

I realize this might look like posting something new within 24 hours and there isn't really time to see results, but this update is weeks in the making. I originally intended to start this blog in January, shortly after conception of this idea, but life intervened when I could have started writing.

My first workout of the year was on January 8th. My first leg workout was January 9th. Apart from one week that I didn't work out due to illness, I have gone to the gym at least 5 days per week to lift weights. 3 upper body days and 2 lower body days. Some weeks I got a Saturday leg workout in. Starting in February I went from just a lower body strength workout to a jump focused workout on Tuesday/Thursday. The January leg workouts had exercises that should help increase strength, but the primary goal of each leg workout wasn't jumping until February. The times I now get a Saturday workout in, I go for a workout focused on base leg strength.

All that being said, I have worked out 6 of the last 7 weeks. The last 3 weeks I have put in 2 jump workouts per week. Over the weekend, I was able to touch the rim on a basketball court. I had to get thoroughly warmed up, but that gives me at least an increase of 1 inch, maybe 1 and a half. I'm pleased with my progress, and I'm hopeful that this isn't entirely crazy.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Overview of Exercise Choices

Welcome And An Introduction

Second (Belated) Update